RE: [IP] Disposal of Syringes

Jacqueline Hall [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

>  We are in the process of packing and moving and I found the
> other day heaps off
> used syringes that I had kept in a container and forgot about
> when I got on the
> pump. I live in Oceanside, near San Diego and I was wondering
> if anyone knew of
> a place where I can dispose of these syringes. Thanks.

That depends on state and local laws.  In Georgia, as long as they are in
appropriate sharps containers, they may be disposed in the trash.

But in any case, I would think your physician or pharmacy could dispose of
them for you (one pharmacy near me advertises the service).  They may want
you to purchase a sharps container and put them in there first.

Jim Handsfield