>[IP] Can we get our pumps insured? I did

My homeowners insurance automatically covers my pump for fire and theft.
Because I ski, hike, and am generally hard on things I decided to get more.
The only way I could do this was insuring it like a diamond ring. The
insurance company takes a flat percentage of the pump's value for a yearly
rate.  I think I insured mine for 5000 dollars and my premium is 250 per
hope this helps
Mick d