[IP] staph carrier

If you are a staph carrier, is it possible to get rid of it by
> taking antibiotics for a period of time?  Just curious.  I thought I
> read something about that once.

My understanding is that it's permanent, but I don't know a >lot about
 it other than there are people on the list that are "blessed" >with
this. It is
benign for the carrier except when there are open wounds,
>etc.... Perhaps someone more knowledgable can provide an answer.
being a staph carrier is a common curse for diabetic folks as well as
non diabetic folks. when you obtain this state of infected bliss
taking antibiotics only makes it worse. it makes it more virulent by
selecting out the most nasty bacteria and you cannot clean yourself of
these bacteria with antibiotics, only make it worse.stay away from
antibiotics under most circumstances as they get to selecting super
bugs. nasty bacteria, the opoosite of what you want. soap, hot water
and scrubbing the skin well is the best way to rid the skin of these
bugs. spot

A L Bender. M, D.