Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:49:46 -0500
>>>>>>>>>>>>>From: "Pamela Payne" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Sara Swims and A Rude Parent

We also ran into a MD who knows it all about Diabetes at this swim meet.
He was an E.N.T., so of course he would know all about Diabetes. He
seemed dismayed that we as parents participate in Sara's care and that
she was swimming. His face was "Oh, isn't that a lucky shot she got to
the State Championships, hope she is not too embarrassed at how tough it
will be and not upset at how bad she'll do."  It did not even dawn on
him that Sara could have been there last year, which she was, and that
she could be a top contender. It was not even on his radar screen. He
asked me once "Well, how can she do college?". I had no reply the
question seemed so stupid. I just said we will cross that bridge when we
come to it, but she wants to swim in college and we will do whatever it
takes to help her fullfill her dream. I mean gosh, she has two years
until then. I think she will do just fine. Well, Our tiny team left
their team in the wake and his nonDiabetic kid was not even in the same
pool as Sara. I think his kid was actually one of those "also ran"
participants. (I know, that was nasty.) One thing you have to say for a
Diabetic, when they decided they want to achieve a goal they are not
afraid of the hard work to get there. Every day is hard for them
already. Pam, Mom to All American (I cannot believe she did it as a
Sophomore!) Sara>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>