Re: [IP] Horrible social experience!

my response would be quite simple:

"I sure hope you know more about " (what ever he/she is SUPPOSED to know)
" then you know about diabetes, because you obviously know nothing about

(btw, the phrase "because you obviously know nothing", could easily be
replaced by a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT choice of words)

this comes up very rarely with me, but, if it does, let me assure you, that
afterwards, they had
wished they never mentioned it (let alone, talked with/about me at all)

on the other hand, i am always willing to explain it to those that are
honestly curious  about, or interested in it.
i have NO problem testing ANYWHERE, or adjusting my pump, be it at dinner,
an airport, etc.