RE: [IP] Question for Athletes

At 04:29 PM 2/24/03, Jim Handsfield wrote:
>Proper fitting running shoes should be comfortable from the
>get-go.  You should be able to run home from the store without blisters,
>etc.  It could be that you are just buying the wrong brand.  Each
>manufacturer has their own sets of lasts (the forms on which the shoes are
>made).  It all depends on finding the manufacturer whose lasts are shaped
>most like your foot.

And, you always have to make sure that you try them on and walk around in
the store a bit.  Don't depend on the sizes that are marked.  They can
vary.  While I usually wear a size 8 shoe, sometimes I have to buy and 8
1/2 or a 7 1/2, I never depend on the size that's marked.  I also agree,
that if the shoes fit properly, you should not have to "break them in".