[IP] Re: Late Post for Alternative Inf Sets on 12 Feb

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:42:47 -0500
From: "Handsfield, James H. (PHPPO)" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] Alternative Inf Sets
Jim Handsfield wrote:
 I tried the Spectrx equivalent to the Silhouette a few months ago (Hi, Leigh!).
It worked OK for delivery, but there were a few problems otherwise: the set was
difficult to disconnect (required two hands) and on one set the tube broke off
at the luer lock. These sets are not in production yet as far as I know.
 It's true that these sets were not yet in the final stages of production. Most
companies go through preliminary pilot studies to test out early configurations.
Mr. Handsfield (Hi, Jim!) participated in an evaluation of an early prototype in
which we were investigating user issues such as tape adherance and ease of
insertion. These study samples were in no way related to the final product. The
good news is that because of the feedback from participants like Mr. Handsfield,
the SimpleChoice easy sets should be available in the next 90 days. SpectRx has
incorporated significant improvements in the final design based on market
research and direct input from early users. Features include 100% waterproof top
tape surface, larger clips for easy release, and the slimmest packaging
Leigh J. Steed, RN, CDE, CCRA
Manager, Clinical Affairs
SpectRx, Inc.