RE: [IP] Question for Athletes

I have been running (~15 - 18 miles a week) in Brooks' Beast running shoes
for years and have never had a blister.  The Beast is often voted "Best
Big-guy Shoe" by Runner's World.  They cost ~$100 a pair, but for me it's
worth the money as I have found a shoe that works for me.  So, if you're a
Clydesdale like me, I'd give them a test drive.

I found this shoe by doing what Jim said; I went to Pacer's in Alexandria,
VA and they put me in the Beast for a test run.  Plus, I like the

>>Jim said - It all depends on finding the manufacturer whose lasts are
most like your foot.  In my case, I can wear Adidas, Nike, or Saucony.  New
Balance, ASICS, Brooks, Avia, and the others are fine for casual wear (I'm
wearing ASICS as I write this) but not for running or walking long distances
because their lasts are just the wrong shape.