[IP] Question for Athletes

Well, I'm finally replacing my running shoes which I should have done maybe
two years ago but kept putting off because I hate breaking new running shoes
in.  As I get older and my years with diabetes gets ever closer to that
quarter century mark, I get more and more nervous about the seemingly
inevitable blisters that occur whenever I break a new pair of asics or
sauconys in.  Anyone have any tips and tricks?  I don't have any issues with
healing and my feet (yet, knock on wood), but with each passing blister I feel
like I'm tempting fate.  I appreciate hearing what other diabetics do when
breaking in shoes and also when dealing with blisters without pausing their

email @ redacted
diabetic 21 years and counting...pumping for 1.5