[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #79

The reply below is absolutely correct.  Even if you
don't have symptoms and have celiac you could be
harming yourself if you do not follow the diet.
Without a definite diagnosis it is very hard to follow
the diet.

I will help you anyway I can since I have been on a
gluten free diet for 15 years.

email @ redacted

<<I just found out I have tested positive for Celiac.

I had the blood test
done, and because I am not in any way sick, the Endo
said it was fine to
refuse to have the old tube down the throat. >>

I thought that a biopsy was required to positively
test for Celiac.  The
blood test just screens out the negatives.  Please
check about this, as you
certainly don't want to have to follow a celiac diet
if it isn't necessary.

Do you Yahoo!?