[IP] Re: Coffee & BS

Was just wondering if other diabetics who drink coffee would like to voice
their opinions as to whether they thought that coffee raised their
metabolism or
helped them to lose wt. at all.

Coffee definitely raises my metabolism - I can tell by the jitters (lol).
But my Endo told me that recent studies show that drinking coffee, black
without sweetener or milk or cream, can cause people to gain weight because
of the effect it has on the adrenal system.  It causes your body to release
adrenaline, which in turn causes your liver to kick out sugar, which
requires insulin to keep your blood sugar in check.  Adrenaline is the
fat-storing hormone.  It can also stimulate appetite which can cause you to
eat more.