[IP] Re: Coffee & BS

<may be revealing too much about where I live/ grew up, but what do you all
consider as a cup of coffee in the morning?  I personally drink just regular
drip with a bit of sweetener in the am but many people in my hopmetown
(Seattle) consider a tall double vanilla latte their "cup of coffee" in the
morning.  I would be willing to be that this could have a dramatic rise in
their BG readings with the suryp and the whole milk.  Just trying to
rationalize this whole debate in my head cause I was told that coffee was
"free" but milk was not.

Wesley (pumping with my Cozmo TOMORROW!!!!)>

I drink regular coffee (grind my own) with real cream - not milk and not
half & half.  Real cream has less than 1 carb per tablespoon.  Milk, on the
other hand, has more carbs.  I don't know how many because I don't include
it in my diet.  I don't use any kind of sweetener.  The reason coffee isn't
"free" (even black) is that it causes your body to release adrenaline which
in turn causes your liver to release sugar into your blood stream.  Nothing
in life is free and there's no such thing as a free lunch, especially for a

Dx'd T1 3/02, pumping since 8/02