[IP] Re: Coffee and BG

My endo said she often sees insulin resistance in Type 1's after waking up in
the morning. Many have to adjust both their morning basal as well as
insulin-carb ratio to accommodate this. I use to think it was my cup of
strong Peet's coffee on arising that caused the rise but once we increased my
basal from .3 to .5 between the hours of 6am and 11am and lowered my
insulin-carb ratio from 1:15 to 1:10 during the same hours, my BG stays in a
good range whether I have coffee or not. I wake up at 7:30 so the basal
increase kicks in 90 minutes before. Maybe tinkering with these could help.