[IP] Scary experience

Brian said:
>>> The other night I caught a stomach bug from my daugther and couldn't
anything down.  The thing that scaried me was I had a BG in the 50's for
over two hours with signs of a hypo.  My wife had my glucagon shot ready
incase we needed to use it, but I was able to keep enough food down to
slowly raise it.  My question I have is has anyone else experienced this and
what have you done?  We were on the verge to going to the hospital when my
BG finally started to come back up. <<<

In addition to the small dose of glucagon as suggested by others, you might
want to try what my doc advised when I was diagnosed in 1956.  He said that
if my bg was low and I could not keep food down to take an enema of sugar
dissolved in warm water!  Your choice : -)

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998