Re: [IP] c-peptide verses creactive protein (crp)

In a message dated 2/23/03 9:31:49 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Doesn't CRP have something to do with the heart and cholesterol?  I
believe
 I read something that it was being promoted as a better test to find
 possibilities of hardening of the arteries, or something like that. >>

CRP (C-reactive Protein) is a marker of inflammation - generally sub-clinical
inflammation. Researchers are saying that it's a better marker of
cardiovascular disease than cholesterol levels. A couple of things that lower
the inflammation are statins (cholesterol-lowering drugs) and plain ol'
aspirin.

Jan and ElvisToo