[IP] Coffee and BG

I *think* (I'll have to look it up) that the caffeine in coffee
inhibits glucose uptake by cells.  It's why you (well, non-diabetic
people) get a sugar buzz with a donut and coffee.  It's not so much the
donut, its the stimulant effect of the caffeine and the secondary
effect causing higher, longer blood glucose levels.

I think.

David Jensen, Ph.D.
(Pharmacology even!  you'd think I'd KNOW this stuff!)

Father of Sigrid, Dx 9/02 @ 11mo., waiting for pump to arrive...