[IP] c-peptide verses creactive protein (crp)

RoxanneRD writes this msg:
The CRP is not ONLY used to determine if the pancreas is producing any
insulin.  My CRP is elevated . . . however I am positively a TYPE 1
at age 11.  CRP can be elevated from inflammation .  The
can also be elevated, but when it is, it cannot be used to determine
production as it represents a state of chronic inflammation.  I have
allergies and therefore my nasal passages are constantly inflammed.
Roxanne is correct but c-reactive protein is unrelaed to c-peptide. c-
peptide is a protein made during insulin syntheisis in the pancreas. I
have only a trace of this the last time I had this test done properly.
I had a high c-peptide a few weeks ago during a bad cold. one is not
related to the other.Roxanne, you still are sweet., spot

A L Bender. M, D.