[IP] re:ques

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:34:29 -0500
From: Sheepish Lord of Chaos <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Describing Diabetes - help please?

Hello everyone,

This is my first return to the list in a while - I just got back from
studying abroad in Italy and have made it one of my goals for the semester
to really get a handle on my blood sugars, so I decided to get back into
this list - it was a great resource before.

Anyway, I also thought some of you might be able to help me. I'm taking a
book design class this semester and our first assignment is a "survey book."
My book is going to deal with different perceptions of diabetes, comparing
the opinions of people with and without diabetes.  I'm hoping the finished
product will help to illustrate how generally unaware people are of how much
work it takes to try to control blood sugars and such.

Here's where you come in...if you'd like to help me, could you please email
me your answers to the following questions? (below) I promise that no one's
name will ever show up in my project.  Please don't email the list, because
I only do browser access...email your answers to me at email @ redacted in
the next day or so!

Thank you!!!!
Gianna Marzilli
(pumping 3.5 years)

1.  What is your definition of "diabetes?"
2.  What's the first word that comes to mind when you see the word
3.  What are some words you use to describe diabetes?
4.  On a scale of 1-10, how serious a disease is diabetes?
5.  On a scale of 1-10, how manageable a disease is daibetes?
6.  What are your first thoughts upon reading the sentence: "Diabetes is a
manageable disease.  As long as you watch what you eat and take your
medication, you'll be fine."
7.  Do you think it's possible for people without diabetes to understand
8.  Yes or No:  people are not aware of the seriousness of diabetes
9.  Put the following words in order from most accurate (for you) to least
(in terms of describing diabetes)
not a big deal
easy, compared to other things i have to do
10. put the following in order from what you think is the hardest to the
easiest thing about diabetes
injections/pump sites
checking blood sugars
eating "right"
dealing with exercise
constant worry

between who you are and who you could be; between how it is and how it
should be; I dare you to move. random lyrics