[IP] Scary experience

The other night I caught a stomach bug from my daugther and couldn't keep
anything down.  The thing that scaried me was I had a BG in the 50's for
over two hours with signs of a hypo.  My wife had my glucagon shot ready
incase we needed to use it, but I was able to keep enough food down to
slowly raise it.  My question I have is has anyone else experienced this and
what have you done?  We were on the verge to going to the hospital when my
BG finally started to come back up.

The other question that I have is for two days after this episode, I had
delayed sugar responses to food.  I figure this was due to my insides
getting turned inside out.  I would eat and my BG would move very slowly for
3-4 hours, and then all of sudden I would get the full effect.  This played
havoc with my boluses since I would go low after I ate because I bolused for
the whole meal.  Is there someway to compensate for this?  Has anyone else
experienced this after an illness?