[IP] Ringing in the Ears

I have had this, tinnitus, for approx. 20 years and have found the best ways
to deal with it, for me, are white noise and not thinking about it.  This is
difficult since it is constant and louder than I speak.
Sharperimage.com has various sound machines at different price levels that
reproduce rain, waterfalls and various background sounds.  Also, Hammacher
Schlemer, not sure of spelling, has a catalogue and web site.  HS has two
machines that make a very simple white noise that is not annoying and even
blocks out outside noises for people who have to sleep during the day.  The
machine with the two sounds works best for me.
Good luck,
Les, wild in New York