[IP] BG Variations

I am somewhat amused at other pumper's reports of
their BGs going "high" when their BGs are over 150.  I
am not in any way dismissing anyone's concerns about
their BG numbers.  Just stating that for some of us -
the predictability simply does not exist.

Since yesterday noon (this is TYPICAL) my BG has
ranged from 36 to 311 and everything in between.  In
case you're wondering - I've tested approximately 15
times in the last 24 hours.  (My basals are right on.
My carb ratios are adequate.  I just cannot predict AT
ALL when the protein or fat will kick in.  Or how
quickly the carbs will hit.  Hence, I do a lot of
correcting - sometimes over do it too.)

But - I simply do not get excited until my BG goes
over 350.  I see >200 every single day with few
exceptions.  All I can do is correct (and change the
set) and go on my way.

Being on the pump is a tremendous help, but it still
isn't perfect!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?