Re: [IP] Insurance Battle to get my Cozmo

Replying to Michael's suggestion that I have my doctor
dispense the pump:

Thanks for the great suggstion! My insurance says they
do cover durable medical equipment from an
'in-network' doc at "100% of eligible charges" but of
course they wouldn't reveal to me how much that was.
I have left a msg for the Deltec nurse to look into
this option...
Thanks again for the tip!

Anna

> Hi,
> I just heard from Deltec about my pump...it turns
out
> that because I am on the EPO health insurance
through
> my work (it had the lowest co-pays for drugs and my
> physicians are covered so I chose it) there are NO
> 'in-network' distributers who carry Deltec Cozmo
> insulin pumps.
> So, Deltec is going to get my physician to sign a
> statement of medical necessity and they are going to
> try to get an one-time exception to let me purchase
my
> pump 'out-of-network'.  But, United Health Care has
NO
> coverage for out of network durable medical
equipment
> on the EPO plan, so I have a feeling it's going to
be
> quite a battle.

Why don't you see if they will let you purchase the
pump from your
Doctor. Doc's are allowed to dispense pumps, perhaps
that would work.

Michael