[IP] Insurance Battle to get my Cozmo

I just heard from Deltec about my pump...it turns out
that because I am on the EPO health insurance through
my work (it had the lowest co-pays for drugs and my
physicians are covered so I chose it) there are NO
'in-network' distributers who carry Deltec Cozmo
insulin pumps.
So, Deltec is going to get my physician to sign a
statement of medical necessity and they are going to
try to get an one-time exception to let me purchase my
pump 'out-of-network'.  But, United Health Care has NO
coverage for out of network durable medical equipment
on the EPO plan, so I have a feeling it's going to be
quite a battle.

I am also contacting HR at work to see if I can switch
from the EPO to the PPO plan because the pump
distributer IS a participating provider in the PPO
network.  Of course, it isn't open enrollment time of
year, so I doubt they will let me switch insurance
plans, but I am going to try.

Any suggestions?  I really want the Cozmo, if I'd
chosen any other vendor I doubt I'd be having this
trouble, but someone has to pave the way, right?

Thanks for listening!
dx'd 1979
pumping soon, I hope!

Do you Yahoo!?