[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #75

In a message dated 2/20/03 3:08:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:25:49 -0500
From: Ryan Bruner <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Paradigm problems???...and software

I was curious as to the software version that each pumper
 has on the Paradigm, as well as what problems you have experienced with
 the software.
 I'll go first...
 My software version is:  1.7C 1.1 0B 0B
 I've had no problems whatsoever after 8 months of pumping. >>

Dear Ryan -
I also started on the Paradigm with the same software on June 1, '02.  It was
fine until mid-Jan, when I got an E-21 alarm and lost all of my settings.  I
was told by MM to put a new battery in and reprogram ( 2 basal profiles w/ 8
settings ea, etc.) They also instructed me to send back my old pump when I
received a refurbished one with 8.0 software which would correct the problem,
and not cause a "meltdown" when the battery was too low.  I really don't
understand why this happened, since I've been dealing fine with low batteries
about every week since last June!
I did receive the refurbished one very promptly with the new software and so
far it is working fine.  (They would not send me my new one back with new
software installed).  Good luck with your pump!!
Rhea - pumping since 1993. dxd 1963.