[IP] Lantus question

I am a bit behind reading my digests, so I do not know if you got your answer.

 I know that for me, exercising and weigh loss have a dramatic impact on my TDD.
Since diagnosis my endo said I had to exercise 7-days a week (20-60min of
cardio). She said that was as important and as a strict a rule as taking my
insulin doses. I did as instructed for 8-months or so. Then a lot of things
happened among other change in jobs. That caused me to loose my schedule of
exercise, and I started to not go 7-days/week (more like 1-2 a week.) After a
couple of weeks, my TDD and of course weight started to increase. I started to
think all sorts of things: that my last beta cells had finally died, etc. (I am
of the thinking that I am still in some type of honeymoon - my endo disagrees)
Well, my lovely partner pointed out that maybe it had to do with the fact that I
was not exercising as often nor as hard and that a larger/heavier inactive body
probably needed more insulin. I got back on the wagon of exercising and my TDD
dropped again.

 So, Long story short, IMHO your TDD has been lowered due to the exercise and
weight loss. But as always, YMMV.

I hope you get your Cozmo soon!!!!!

Eloisa and Bombita (MM's Paradigm)
Dx 2/11/02
Pumping 6/02 (I need to look up the exact date for my pumping aniversary!)

>>Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:04:21 -0800 (PST)
>>From: anna doemland <email @ redacted>
>>Subject: [IP] Lantus question

>>All of a sudden my Lantus seems to be working too
well! I just started a new bottle and I've gone from
28u a night to 24 this week, and still get low blood
sugars all day...I am trying adjusting my carb to
insulin ratio now, which seems to be helping, but it
seems weird to me to have it drop all of a sudden like
that...I lost about 5 pounds and have been exercising
regularly for about 6 months....just seems weird,
wonder if anyone else has had this happen (back when
they still used Lantus...?)