Re: [IP] novolog vs. humalog.

> Kevin has been using Novolog for over a year now. Recently, we have
> noticed many highs 3-4 hours after a meal even if the 2 hour pp was
> in good shape. We just remembered that Humalog has a longer "tail."

For most people, Novolog has a little longer tail. The activity
curves for Humalog and Novolog are both on the LINKS page of the web
site in their respective sections. But.... the reported differences
vary a lot for each individual, most obviously with your son. I'd
guess his ratio is a little too high. A difference of 5-15% would
pretty much go un-noticed at 2 hours but could manifest itself 3-4
hours out as a high or low. A little tuning may fix it for him.
<disclaimer> Talk to you medical team about adjusting his carb
insulin ratio.