[IP] Re: olympic dm athletes

> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:30:35 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Colorado
> In a message dated 2/19/2003 4:48:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > In a message dated 2/19/03 7:05:50 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> > email @ redacted writes:
> >
> > <<I didn't know there were any IDDM olympic athletes.  >>
> >
> > Gary Hall Jr. Swimming.
> >
> There was also a skier (x-country, I think) in the Salt Lake Games . . .
> his name escapes me . . .

Kris Freeman from Andover NH.  He also just won a gold recently I think
30k classic in some world cup like event in Europe.  There was also a
British athelete, I think crew? horseback riding?  (yeah, very similar I
know :-) that they did one of those "up close and personal" segments on.
Gary definitely does the most diabetes related advertising.  Kris was at
an event in NH recently which unfortuantely we missed.  I can see this as
being one sport where the pump wouldn't really work, as they don't wear
enough clothes to keep it insulated.

Jackie (mother to two Bill Koch League xc skiers, who is finally caught up
on her digests)