Re: [IP] ignorant comments about diabetes treatment (Was Re:JDR F ads)

>>>IMNSHO give em' a break, they're not out to hurt you (me)<<<

I very much agree with this perspective.  There are other diseases or problems
out there that I am ignorant of as well because I've been fortunate enough not
to NEED to know.  Likely I have also made stupid comments about them.  (If I
were ignorant, I wouldn't know how stupid my comment was, would I?)

That doesn't mean I'm not interested in learning more about it.  If someone
said to me, in a condescending fashion, "You know nothing about this disease,"
I would be offended.  I'd rather be treated with respect and enlightened about
a topic I had been ignorant of.

I suppose some of those ignorant people want to remain ignorant, but I don't
think we should presume that about everybody.  It just isn't possible to be
knowledgeable about everything, so some people are ignorant of diabetes.  No
reason to be offended or arrogantly impatient in response.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990