Re: [IP] Eye Problems

I too see an OPTHALmologist every year.  He dilates my
eyes (then tells me how gorgeous the retinas look and
gives me a hard time since he is convinced I'm lieing
about how long I've had DM).  He also checks my vision
(then gives me a hard time for being so young and
needing a 2.75 correction on my bifocals).

My endo says DO NOT go to an optometrist.  They are
not skilled in dxing the things we need to be
concerned about - retinal leaks, detachments, etc.

In Colorado, maybe nation-wide, insurance cannot
require a referral to an opthalmologist.  Just make
the appointment & go (just make sure they're on your

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?