Re: [IP] Doctors

Hi Anita,
It was great to hear from you. I knew there were 2 other IPers from the area
but never knew who they were.

I read your profile. You must be a busy lady homeschooling. I admire people
that can do that. I also have 2 children, a daughter who is a junior at the
University Of Alabama, and a son who is a freshman at Ole Miss. We moved to
Germantown in January of 1999 and this pass May downsized to a zero lot
house in Collierville. I use Memphis in my signature just because most
people would not know were Collierville is.

I was just diagnosed, at age of 52, in January of 2002 and started pumping
in January of 2003. I was definitely a type 1 although I still produce a
small amount of insulin. I initially went to Dr. Ghaji at Endocrinology
Associates but when I first brought up the idea of a pump, he said that he
was not in favor of pumps because they leak. When I became more convinced
that I would benefit from using a pump I thought it would be best to switch
doctors. I know the Endocrine Clinic has a good reputation. I'd really like
to know what they charge to see a doctor if 15 minutes with a nurse is

Have to  get off this computer and get some things done.

Thanks again for introducing yourself.

Sue (Memphis)
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03