[IP] Re: ignorant comments

>"Oh! your diabetes is so bad you have to be on a pump!"

IMO, **even if that were true**, it would be an incredibly unkind and
insensitive remark (sort of along the lines of asking "don't people die from
that?" when someone tells you about an illness they have or a surgery
they're going to undergo).

I don't expect non-diabetics to be highly informed about diabetes or know
about pumps -- I didn't before I was diagnosed.  But I'd much prefer people
*realize* they don't know these things and ASK (in a polite manner!), rather
than make assumptions about what they think a pump is or what it means
about a person's condition.