: Re: [IP] ignorant comments about diabetes treatment (Was Re:JDR F ads)

I think it depends on what sort of mood I'm in. I'm not freaked out at all
from being on the pump. It just bothers me at how ignorant most people are
about diabetes and how often I have to explain things. I would much prefer
some honest questions about it instead of someone assuming they "know what
a pump means" ... One would think that diabetes has been around long enough
and it's prevalent enough that more people would understand some things
about it. I imagine it's the same with any other disease. People don't
understand HIV all that much, or even cancer. Until you get a particular
disease and you have an intimate understanding of it, you never really have
to know much about it.
I just get tired of explaining.