RE [IP] Regarding unjustified comments

>>>I also dont EXPECT anyone to understand this disease i have. Its one
thing if they are malicious, but that is rarely, if ever the case. Most
people are misinformed. I sort of expect ignorance, and simply attempt to
explain the truth. I am NEVER offended. (ignorance is not illegal).>>>

I was replying to this and something unexplained happened and it disappeared
and it's not in my sent items. If this went to IP incomplete, sorry, I'm
going to reattempt it now:

There are many pumpers who like to give a smart remark when a layperson
inquires about this thing attached to us. I figure it's up to me to inform
them and not make the questioner feel *stupid* for asking. It's a put down.

At my dialysis session Mon. evening I had a Q about a med they have put me
on and said the dietitian would probably have the answer. I asked the nurse
and she said to ask the d'tian. The RD came and answered me. Then we chatted
about some other stuff and she had to leave since it *was* after her normal
hours, however, she is often around to accommodate the late-evening

Well, somehow my pump came up and she stayed there at least another 15
minutes hearing me extol its virtues. She's a renal dietitian and not a
carb-counting expert. Not only was *she* learning a lot about pumping, but
the nurse was sitting on the other side of the half-wall blocking our view,
and the renal tech was also standing there near us entering stats in the
computer. Three medical people were educated all at the same time. Hurrah
for our side!

I said to her that the more medical people who know about pumping, the
better off we pumpers are in the long run. Later that evening the nurse went
over last month's labs with me and said I was doing very well with my pump
and insulin needs and would it be that all their DMers could do that.
Perhaps my education session prompted that remark.

Three more down and thousands more to go!  (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, and you can
squawk your head off and the parrot won't speak.