[IP] Wearing Pump in Surgery

While eye problems are being discussed I'd like to know if anyone here has had
a trabeculectomy (glaucoma surgery) fail following cataract surgery.  I'm
scheduled the 25th to have a drain implanted behind the eye to relieve the eye
pressure in preparation for a later corneal transplant.  I confess to being
really nervous about this.  The surgeon who admittedly doesn't know about pump
therapy said the anesthetist will probably make me remove my pump.  I said "NO
WAY", but how much clout does the patient really have under these
circumstances.  Please contact me if you have any word of reassurance.

Shirley (NJ)