[IP] Soap Box & ? about Hypo Awareness

Had a doctors appointment on Tuesday morning. A1c was 5.8, four months ago
was 5.4. At that time my endo told me to loosen up a bit so I did. I also
learned something new yesterday from my CDE, she said that the longer we
are doing pump therapy and are in such good control the less hypo aware we
become. I told her that I noticed that when I have a reading of say mid
50's every once in a while I feel just fine. Of course I will treat the low
and be on my way. Usually it takes a reading of 40 or less for me to feel
the symptoms of a low. She stated that every once in a while it is OK to
run your numbers up a little higher than usual for a week to bring back the
sensitivity of lows. Not that I don't trust her, but has anybody else heard
of this before?
I neglected to ask how high she suggest you should run the numbers, I will
ask her via email today.

Michael Chambers
Lebanon, ME