Re: [IP] Sets

>>>  It always surprises me when people
say they disconnect for various activities.  When you don't have that
you figure out how to make do without it.  I consider that pump a part of
Why take it off?  If the pump is waterproof, it isn't even necessary in the

Another one of my points, thanks.

I used the straight needle which I bent myself and didn't upgrade to the
more expensive pre-bent cuz I could handle doing it myself. Big deal. I did
that from '83 - '92 when I went from CPI/Lilly to MM 506 and they told me
about the SofSet. Of course SSs were more expensive and I was allergic to
that metal needle and bled often from it, so I caved and accepted the SS
with the Teflon canula and more $$. Really nice in comparison - for *me.*

Then they came up with the disconnect SS and more $$. I had already had to
make adjustments for various activities. For *me* it wasn't necessary to
trade up to more $$ since I had already worked around it. My pump isn't
waterproof but I had to figure something out all those years, and still use
the something I figured out. YMMV

Oh, in '98 I had a bent canula and called MM and they sent me a SofSerter. I
have used that ever since cuz I don't want that to happen again. Big

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.