Re: Subject: [IP] Re: Eye Problems

> Am I the only one who was told to see an Ophthalmologist every YEAR?  I
> told that Retinopathy was not something an Optometrist was qualified to
> recognize, and it wasn't something to mess around with.  Should I begin to
> develop problems, my Ophthalmologist would refer me to someone more
> than herself.

in ontario, our provincial health plan only covers a complete eye exam (for
people with fairly normal vision) once every two years.  diabetics are
covered for a yearly retinal examination.    because i don't need glasses
(right now) and there are no serious problems, i go to the optometrist, and
if anything serious was to happen, i would be sent to the opthamologist.  my
mom and brother go to the opthamologist in the first place because they have
way more vision problems than i do.  :)

liz - ottawa