[IP] Re: pumping sooner? LONG response

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:32:17 -0500
From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re:  pumping sooner? LONG response

I said:
<<<Now you've given me a chance to rant about my now-former endo - a pioneer
in the pump field. <snip>>>>

I left the above stuff on for anyone who missed my long rant about my ex-dr.
so they can find it.

Yesterday (2/17/03) I got some of my medical records that were confiscated
when his
office was closed. I had signed release papers, but somehow my file was
sooooo thick (20 years) and it would take toooo long to copy it, that it got
lost in the mail - twice - to my new endo.  When I went to the records
office, she had only years 83-86 and 93-97. She thinks maybe dr. had purged
some of the missing years. I saw him up until 10/01.

As she was leafing through the incomplete file, I asked for some of my lab
sheets. Here are some of my A1c's - and keep in mind, he never worked with
me on improvement - these were only facts of information; if we did, I'd
been blamed for *what am I doing wrong?* I started pumping 8/83:
5/93 = 11.3%
9/94 = 10.2%
3/95 = 11.0%
8/95 = 9.9%
2/97 = 7.6%

I also recall one in the early '80s of 15.6    Therefore, I say, I wonder if
he had worked *with* me and taught me pumping trends as they advanced, if
I'd be on dialysis today. We'll never know, but this is how I lived for
years and years and years. I learned about carb-counting 6/99 - never heard
it before. One of these old lab sheets had a glucose of 278. I was not
taught how to gently put that at a good range. I only recall a shot of 10 or
20 units then a BIG crash later.

It wasn't until I got on the 'net did I achieve A1c's of 6.5% -5.9%. I have
*outsiders* warn me to be careful what I learn (or whom I meet) on the 'net.

5/94 my creatinine was 2787 (that's NOT creatinine clearance) and lab normal
was 10-80 for those who have been interested in my kidney decline.

My next post is going to be a letter I wrote to CPI/Lilly about a newer
version of their pump in '88. I do NOT remember this event at all - but do
have one of the reservoirs and it seems a bit familiar, but perhaps
Yerachmiel or someone from back then recalls this pump - Betatron IV.

I did not realize until yesterday, that I have used FIVE pumps - not
including refurbished/replacements.

ATTENTION: If you don't want long read about the trial review, please skip

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that
the other person was right about you.