Re: [IP] RE: Possible b-ball discrimination

In a message dated 2/18/2003 8:29:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Chris Dudley (who used to or still does play professional basketball for
> the Portland Trailblazers) has IDDM.  I believe he runs a b-ball camp for
> kids.

His camp is terrific.  My daughter went last year and the only problem with
the program is that they only have room for 70 kids each year.  It's a really
good basketball camp that also teaches kids & teens how they as atheletes can
manage their diabetes.   The coaches and counselors are all just the best --
and Chris is a real inspiration! I wish there were more programs like this,
for all different sports.  I'm sure they're already completely filled (with a
waiting list) for this summer, but if you want to learn more about The Chris
 Dudley Basketball Camp, just click on the basketball on this page: <A
Diabetes Exercise & Sports Association</A>

Pumpmama to Katie (12)