[IP] JDRF ads

My thought regarding the JDRF ads is that the uncontrolled diabetes will
result in the loss of limbs, kidney disease, blindness that is true but I
don't think the scare/guilt tactics are going to stop a person with diabetes
not want to eat that candybar that leads to high blood sugar - I know that
already. I was raised on the guilt principal all my life and now I resent
those who attempt to impose guilt on me. I would rather see positive
advertising on coping with a disease and making better choices for the
meantime of dealing with the after effects of that candybar. Or better yet, it
the purpose of those ads is to teach me something then why not teach me to use
the better choice of something sweet - like fruit dipped in yogurt - it is
sweet but it is nonfat. Off the soapbox now. Happy Pumping! Sharon