Re: [IP] RE: Possible b-ball discrimination

In a message dated 2/18/2003 11:30:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I just hate it when the coach gets that "deer in the headlights" look
> when you talk to them about diabetes.

    Apt description...also applies sadly to teachers, to friends' parents, to
grandparents, etc.............I can vividly recall an incident 10 years ago
when Melissa was invited to a Birthday party at an indoor gym. I was
explaining briefly to the host mom, when she suddenly stopped & said "oh
no..is she sleeping over tonight with the others?"....I said "no....."
(obviously not all guests were invited to the sleepover)...at which point,
the mom said " oh thank goodness!"....DUH....same mom who asked my best
friend why she was STILL giving to Melissa's WALK team for JDRF the following
year...because after all, she (party mom) had "already" given Melissa $5 the
previous year, so why should she give anything
Renee (Melissa's pump mom)