RE [IP] Site Changes create High blood sugar

Hi Pumpers!

Here's my 2 cents worth:

 I leave my last site in place for a couple of hours after i start a new one
because if you remove it right away, you lose the insulin that you have pumped
in for the past couple of hours. Kinda like pulling the plug on the bathtub.

So in answer to your inquiry:

 <I have heard that it is important to keep the old site in for up to 2 hours to
be sure the insulin in the cannula is fully delivered before removing it...>

It is more to give your body a chance to fully absorb what's there

Katherine & MyHope2 (pumping almost 2 years)