Re: [IP] Sets

>To Phoenix, from Phoenix:
>On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:22:12 -0500 "Phoenix Becker"
><email @ redacted> wrote:
>>   Can any one tell me anything about some sets I've heard of? Some
>>one mentioned
>>  the Polyfin set today, I've never heard of it before.
>The Polyfin sets are not new. I use the "Polyfin QR Infusion Set",
>which I obtain from MiniMed. This set is also known, informally, as
>the "Bent Needle" infusion set. I'm not sure, but I think "Polyfin"
>is a brand name used by MiniMed. And QR stands for Quick Release,
>which became available about 5 years ago. Before that I used the
>same set except it didn't have any Quick Release.

The name "Polyfin" is a shortened version of Polyolefin, a type of
plastic that is used instead of Polyvinyl Chloride which was
incompatible with insulin.   Minimed developed the change to
Polyolefin and nowadays all insulin pump tubing is made of this
composite material, a PVC outer tube and the 'Polyfin' inner tubing.

The "patch" set is the Simple Choice Patch by SpectRX