Re: [IP] High readings

I've been battling 300+ BS for almost 2 weeks and my
daughter was dx with strep today. I go Wed. Maybe this
is my problem.  The question is when do you decide the
high BS aren't just a blimp or equipment problem but
need major correction. I changed basals a couple days
ago and things are a little better but a week of
trying this and that is hard on a person, mentally and
physically. My daily insulin changed from 20 units/day
to 29 yesterday in a 2 week period. I just slowly keep
edging them up. Now to predict when the lows will
start. meg ps throw menopause into the equation and it
becomes impossible.
-------------- ---
 Gayle Armstrong <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Well, I started off the week with problems with my
> sugars right away.
> Normally under control I started out with a 165.
> After counting carbs for
> breakfast (42) and bolusing like normal and a
> correction bolus at 2 hours PP I
> had gone up to 251.  Bolused again for the highs and
> 2 hours later I am still
> in the 190's.  Can't figure it out today.  Normally
> I run in the 120's and by
> now would be running lower.  Guess I might be coming
> down with a cold but sure
> hate the high sugars this AM.
> All of you take care and have a good day.
> Gayle Armstrong RN
> Certified Pump Trainer
> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Do you Yahoo!?