Re: [IP] Eye Problems

At 05:22 PM 2/17/2003 -0500, C. Jones wrote:

>While my Optometrist is not a medical doctor, she does dilate my eye at
>every examination.

In most, if not all states, optometrists may dilate eyes, prescribe lenses,
and may prescribe certain medications such as ointments.  They may not, as
a rule, perform surgery or invasive procedures or give injectables.  But
these are generally regulated by the state, not the federal government.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.