Re: [IP] Quoting old posts

At 10:23 AM 2/17/2003, you wrote:
>Is there a FAQ for this mailing list?

Yup there are a FAQ list..  Not sure if it has the answers to your
questions or not:

>If not, the people that be should create one to address these concerns.

I know there are many plans on the site but due to lack of help, and the
owners limited time some things must be "put on a back burner".

>That is the current netiquette.

Yuppers this to is on the site:

>If there is, what does the FAQ state for posting rules?

There are actually 2 forms the standard at the above link and the short
version which is here:

I. Thou shalt include a clear and specific subject line.
II. Thou shalt edit any quoted text down to the minimum thou needest.
III. Thou shalt read thine own message thrice before thou sendest it.
IV. Thou shalt ponder how thy recipient might react to thy message.
V. Thou shalt check thy spelling and thy grammar.
VI. Thou shalt not curse, flame, spam or USE ALL CAPS.
VII. Thou shalt not forward any chain letter.
VIII. Thou shalt not use e-mail for any illegal or unethical purpose.
IX. Thou shalt not rely on the privacy of e-mail, especially from work.
X. Thou shalt not use e-mail address secured from forwarded messages.

And ofcourse if someone does not clip the message often they shall hear
from me..  he he he he

>Until then, I find looking at the From line helps if I have read that or
>not. Also, you're email client lists what has been read and what has not.
>Of course digests are even easier, the list in order. =)

One of the Volunteer Administrators