[IP] Pump Group Meeting in San Jose, California

The February meeting of the Bay Area Pump Group is scheduled for
Tuesday, February 18 at the Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley in
San Jose.  The moderator for the meeting will be Sue Ann Kelly who is a
certified pump trainer, RN and CDE. We are a diverse, friendly group and
we always have fun while at the same time learning new things about
pumping. The meeting is a great place to share ideas and experiences and
the group leaders are very helpful for answering questions and exploring
problems.  Family members, significant others and friends are also
welcome to attend.  There is no cost and you do not need to be a member
of the Diabetes Society.

In addition to our usual open conversation about pumping and diabetes,
this month we are planning on doing demonstrations of the various
insertion sets used with insulin pumps.  Members will demonstrate their
techniques and you will have a chance to see if sets other than the one
you are using might be an option for you.  If you are a new pumper or
now considering pumping, this will be an opportunity to survey the
different types of insertion sets.  And if you are interested in
attending and 'showing off' your insertion method, we would be happy to
have you join us.  Sue Ann will be bringing along a supply of insertion
sets so that you don't have to use your own.  I am especially interested
in finding users of the Polyfin sets for the demonstration.  Please
contact me to confirm.

Meeting details are as follows:

   When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday, February 18
   Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                The office is located in the Willow Glen area
                just south of downtown San Jose, in the
                renovated Garden Theater building at:

                1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                San Jose CA 95125
                Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman
650 965-0500