[IP] Two sites are better than one?

I have heard that too.  But I'm at a loss as to how or why this would work.

Consider.  You disconnect your cannula from your pump.  You insert a new
cannula and attach it to your new site.  The pump, immediately pumps the
insulin after being primed .

The old cannula which is still attached to you has nothing to pump insulin

I am just really at a loss here.  Have I missed something?