Re:[IP] Sick of being sick!

In a message dated 2/16/03 email @ redacted writes:

<< I think while I'm sick, the sites aren't lasting as long.  >>

I've been having the same problem, but hadn't really thought about the
connection with illness until I saw your post on Friday, Ryan.  I had talked
about the site problems with my doctor that morning, and we had agreed that I
would change back to Novolog and see if it made a difference.  Humalog had
never caused me problems until recently, but I am taking a lot more insulin
these days than I ever did before, and I was speculating the sites couldn't
handle that much.  The site I was using Friday was already irritating after
just 24 hours.  So now it's been 2 days + some hours and it is not yet
bothering me at all or causing highs, but, wonder of wonders, I don't think
I've coughed all day!  Maybe I'm finally over this cold which has lasted more
than 2 months!  And maybe that is the reason my site is still working, not
the change to Novolog.

Linda Z