Re: [IP] Crazy Sugar Values

Hi George,

I was once like you.  On MDI my average blood sugar was around 300.  My A1C
as high as 12.

I worked like mad to get my MDI sugars under control and in about a month's
time is was down to about 169.

My internist, who is my pump doctor, sent me to a CDE group where I worked
on Carb Counting.

I then started pumping.  My original basal was 3.25 with a 1:5 carb ratio.
My correction factor was 1:10 with a control to 100.

Once I started, I was faxing my blood sugars every three days to my pump
trainer for fine tuning.

Fine  tuning has led to a lower segment from Midnight to 8 AM at 3.15.  My
carb ratios are 1:5 for breakfast and lunch and 1:3 for dinner.

My average is now 134 and my first A1C was 6.5!

That is how I have worked with it.  YMMV.  I do hope that your trainer, CDEs
and Doctor will be able to help you as well as my team did.

Best wishes!